- Education Resources Information Center At the Family Information Center page you will find information for parents specifically related to reading and language arts education.
- Family Education
- Figure This A collection of educational games for students and their parents. The games are suitable for students of all ages.
- Helping Your Child Become a Reader This free resource features dozens of fun activities parents can use to build language skills of young children (infants through age 6). The 60-page booklet includes a reading checklist, typical language accomplishments for different age groups, suggestions for books, and resources for children with reading problems or learning disabilities.
- Helping Your Child Learn Math This site reinforces skills in classification, computation, estimation, and money in real life situations. It meets many of the the NCTM standards: Identifying and solving problems, number facts and computations, number concepts, etc. Grades Pre-K- 7.
- Learning Activities - Parent's Page
- National Parent Information Network Resources and information having to do with education-related topics, including testing.
- NetSafeKids.org Arms parents with information to safeguard their children.
- Parent Sites A nice collection of sites from Zwolle Elementary.
- Parent Sites - more sites
- Parents Edge
- Parent's Guide to the Internet Provides basic information about how to use the Internet to find information and to communicate with others. Tips for using the Internet safely are included.
- Ready to Learn Prepares children for success in school. Ready to Learn television service is a national effort to improve the school readiness of young children through public broadcasting.
- Homework Spot Sections for elementary, middle, and high school.
- Infotrac Kids by Gale Group (Sponsored by the Louisiana Department of Education) THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE, all in one resource - 800 magazines, reference, criticisms, primary sources and more! The content is built upon award winning literary, science, history, and biographical databases, and it is a safe environment for students' use. Your child will need a password provided by his/her teacher.
- Council for Exceptional Children
- LD Online A good starting point for learning disabilities.
- NICHCY National information center for children with disabilities.
- A Parent's Guide to Helping Kids with Learning Differences This site provides information and resources for parents of children with learning disabilities.
- U.S. Education Dept.'s Office of Special Education Programs
Other Educational Sites