- 700+ Amazing, Spectacular, Mysterious, Wonderful Web Sites for Kids and the Adults Who Care About Them. Compiled by the Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association.
- Book Adventure A free motivational reading program for K-8 students. Pick a book to read, take an online quiz, with prizes after a certain number of quizzes. Parents and teachers can monitor students' reading and a access additional materials to help with reading.
- Education Planet
- Education Resources Information Center At the Family Information Center page you will find information for parents specifically related to reading and language arts education.
- Family Education
- Figure This A collection of educational games for students and their parents. The games are suitable for students of all ages.
- Helping Your Child Become a Reader This free resource features dozens of fun activities parents can use to build language skills of young children (infants through age 6). The 60-page booklet includes a reading checklist, typical language accomplishments for different age groups, suggestions for books, and resources for children with reading problems or learning disabilities.
- Helping Your Child Learn Math This site reinforces skills in classification, computation, estimation, and money in real life situations. It meets many of the the NCTM standards: Identifying and solving problems, number facts and computations, number concepts, etc. Grades Pre-K- 7.
- Internet Do's and Don'ts Teaches basic rules for safe navigation of the Internet. This site also features links to homework and museum sites.
- Internet Kids & Family Yellow Pages Recommendations for families that would like to explore the Web together.
- Kid's Domain
- Learning Activities - Parent's Page
- National Parent Information Network Resources and information having to do with education-related topics, including testing.
- NetSafeKids.org Arms parents with information to safeguard their children.
- Parent Sites A nice collection of sites from Zwolle Elementary.
- Parent Sites - more sites
- Parents Edge
- Parent's Guide to the Internet Provides basic information about how to use the Internet to find information and to communicate with others. Tips for using the Internet safely are included.
- Parents Helping Children Reading
- Parents Pages
- ParentSoup Parenting tips and discussion on all aspects of raising children from pregnancy through teens.
- Reading Planet is designed to help families and children explore the world of books. It features an annotated list of 1,000 children's books that can be browsed by age group, author, or category. Children can post reviews of the favorite books and read reviews by others.
- Ready to Learn Prepares children for success in school. Ready to Learn television service is a national effort to improve the school readiness of young children through public broadcasting.
- U.S. Department of Education: Publications for Parents This site provides a list of available education-related publications for parents.
- B.J. Pinchbeck Homework Help Homework help for students, teachers, and parent.
- Homework Help From EduPlace
- Homework Spot Sections for elementary, middle, and high school.
- Infotrac Kids by Gale Group (Sponsored by the Louisiana Department of Education) THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE, all in one resource - 800 magazines, reference, criticisms, primary sources and more! The content is built upon award winning literary, science, history, and biographical databases, and it is a safe environment for students' use. Your child will need a password provided by his/her teacher.
Other Educational Sites